There is no charge for your initial consultation. This is an opportunity for you to meet the members of our practice and get questions answered. The doctor will also have the opportunity to do an examination and give you some recommendations about treatment. A panoramic x-ray is often taken at the consultation appointment at no charge. This is a crucial diagnostic tool for the doctor and a digital copy can be provided for the patient and the patient's general Dentist.
Possible outcomes of the initial exam are:
- The patient is not ready or may not need treatment and is placed on recall to be seen at a later date.
- The orthodontic treatment will be of a limited nature at this time,(early or interventive treatment) and appointments can be scheduled for construction and fitting of the appliance(s).
- If the problem appears to warrant comprehensive orthodontic therapy, a full set of diagnostic records will be taken. After review of the records and clinical exam, Dr. Eckenstein will recommend a course of treatment and a fee will be given at the consultation appointment. Occasionally, an initial exam reveals a case that requires special diagnostic x-rays or mounted study models of the patient's teeth. In these cases a special meeting with Dr. Eckenstein will be arranged to discuss the treatment options after the initial consultation.
Depending on the particular problems presented, various diagnostic "records" are needed to arrive at a treatment plan. These may include:
- Study models - These are plaster molds of the patient's teeth from which we can get an accurate 3D image of the problems.
- Cephalometric radiograph - This x-ray allows us to measure the patient's facial structure and predict growth patterns.
- Panoramic or full mouth x-ray - These x-rays show the roots and bone support of the teeth.
- Photographs of the face and teeth - These are necessary to evaluate the esthetic relationship of the teeth to the face and smile.
Initial Panoramic x-rays are complimentary. Further diagnostic records are part of the treatment fee given at the initial consultation.
You can save up to 20 minutes in our office by filing out your patient registration and health history forms from the convenience of your own home. Simply download and print the patient information forms below.
These forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view. If you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on your computer, click the Adobe logo to download.